Search Terms: Finding Those Active Verbs
Listed below are some key that is common and definitions to assist you think of project terms:
Information terms request you to show everything you find out about the niche, such as for instance whom, just what, whenever, where, just exactly how, and just why.
- defineвЂ”give the subjectвЂ™s meaning (according to something or someone). Often you need to offer one or more look at the subjectвЂ™s meaning
- describeвЂ”provide details about the subject by answering question words (such as who, what, when, where, how, and why); you may additionally provide details linked to the five sensory faculties (everything you see, hear, feel, style, and scent)
- explainвЂ”give explanations why or samples of exactly exactly how one thing occurred
- illustrateвЂ”give descriptive examples of the sexactly how and subject just how each is related to the niche
- summarizeвЂ”briefly list the essential some ideas you discovered the niche
- traceвЂ”outline how something has developed or changed from an early on time for you to its present type
- researchвЂ”gather material from outside sources concerning the topic, usually aided by the implication or requirement you have found that you will analyze what
Connection words request you to sjust how exactly how things are linked.
- compareвЂ”show exactly exactly how a couple of things are comparable (and, often, various)
- contrastвЂ”show exactly how a couple of things are dissimilar
- applyвЂ”use details which youвЂ™ve been given to show just how a concept, theory, or concept works in a situation that is particular
- causeвЂ”show exactly how one event or show of activities made another thing take place
- relateвЂ”show or explain the connections between things