Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by many different materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The leading position among this chic assortment is taken by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. Due to the rich selection of textures and colours, such floors look magnificent and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not just with their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it is often used as the primary element for decorating flooring.
One of the favorable properties of this material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t inferior to floors made of pure wood or stone.
No matter how perfect this substance is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of artificial laminate can include:
- The high cost. The product, which can last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in operation, https://1popechi.ru/ these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The first variant of the coating is acquired by the technologies of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s produced of special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The end result is a lasting and beautiful finishing substance.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are available.